The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas should be a time of celebration and spending time with family. This year, however, you are going to have a little less time to celebrate and a little less time to spend with the family members who you love the most. You will be spending time with a personal injury lawyer as you try to find the resources that you need to recover from a recent car accident.
It was an accident where you were the victim of a distracted driver who was spending more time looking at his phone instead of looking at the road. You hope that the personal injury lawyer can help you find a solution to the growing number of bills from the hospital, from the physical therapist, and from the everyday life that you lead. A life that continues to cost money even though you have not been able to work for months. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be many more months before you are even able to start back part time.
Finding a Lawyer May Help You Connect with the Resources You Need to Recover from an Accident
Whether you have been injured in a car accident or a work place accident, you may find yourself facing months of recovery and hospital and therapy bills. If you are not able to work, those bills can be even more frightening. Personal injury accidents are especially difficult to recover from if you do not get the advice of a legal professional. Hiring a lawyer is often the very thing that can help you start your way down the road to recovery.
Consider these facts and figures about the many times when Americans may need the assistance of a legal professional:
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on roads in America.
- 3,477 lives were lost to accidents caused by distracted driving in the year 2015 alone.
- Motorcycle and automobile accidents account for more than 35% of new spinal cord injuries every year.
- 4,976 people died and 88,000 were injured in motorcycle crashes in the year 2015, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation?s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- 23% of semi-truck accidents are caused by a driver traveling too fast for the road conditions, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- 90% of commercial truck accidents are caused or worsened by human error, either on behalf of a truck driver, other drivers, other vehicle passengers, pedestrians, or cyclists.
If you find yourself facing a difficult recovery this holiday season, make sure that you contact a legal representative like a personal injury lawyer to see if you can get the help that you need so you can get back to enjoying holiday celebrations and times with your family members.