Dan Park Law Group Assault williamson county,Criminal defense law firm,Theft Facing Criminal Charges? Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney

Facing Criminal Charges? Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney

criminal defense trial lawyer

Criminal law is a complex area of the law that can often confuse defendants. That is why it is important to have an experienced criminal defense trial lawyer on your side. A qualified drug lawyer, for instance, can explain the charges against you, advise you on your legal options, and represent you in court. If you are found guilty, a defense lawyer may be able to negotiate a lighter sentence on your behalf.

When selecting a criminal attorney, be sure to ask about experience and qualifications. Ask for references from past clients and contact the bar association in your state to find out if the attorney has any disciplinary record.

By all chance, you should avoid working with an accused lawyer. Also, ensure you know the criminal case lawyer fee before signing any contract with the legal expert. Defense trial lawyers investigate facts to build an effective defense for the clients.

The lawyers often need to review the prosecution’s evidence, interview witnesses, and conduct independent research to build a strong case. Though the duty of a defense lawyer is not to prove innocence but to make reasonable doubt, the attorneys are obligated to learn about the client’s particular case. Defense lawyers work with numerous individuals, including investigators, social workers, and psychiatrists, who can help prepare a case.


Crimes occur in the United States on a daily basis, and some of these are obviously more serious than others. While many individuals may be detained and arrested while in the process of committing these crimes, others are not apprehended until after the fact, if at all.

2014 Data on Crimes Reported by Law Enforcement

There were approximately 1,165,383 violent crimes reported by law enforcement during 2014. These included the following types of crime:

  • Aggravated assault
  • Murder
  • Non-negligent homicide
  • Rape
  • Robbery

While 63.6% of the violent crimes reported were for aggravated assault, 28.0% of those reported were for robberies. It is estimated that 8,277,829 property crimes were also reported during that year. These were for burglaries, larceny, and motor vehicle thefts. As a result of the commission of these crimes, victims suffered financial losses of roughly $14.3 billion.

2014 Data on Police Arrests

There were a considerable number of arrests conducted during 2014:

  • Violent crimes: 498,666
  • Driving under the influence: 1,117,852
  • Larceny-theft: 1,238,190
  • Property crimes: 1,553,980
  • Drug abuse violations: 1,561,231


Burglaries and Violent Crime

In general, burglars can be in-and-out of a home in under 10 minutes. It is interesting to note that approximately 60% of convicted burglars said they would target another home when a security system was present. Given that some security systems may remain undetected, it is possible that a portion of the remaining 40% did have security systems in place.

The U.S. Department of Justice conducted a crime victimization survey. It was found that during 28% of home burglaries, a household member was present. Due to being present at the time of the burglary, 7% were also the victim of a violent crime. Evidence also shows that criminals are more than 5 times more likely to carry a handgun rather than an assault rifle or other type of assault weapon.

Have you recently been arrested for a serious crime? If this is the case, you want to find a criminal defense attorney to represent you as soon as possible. Whether you have been arrested for a crime that you did or did not commit, or there were extenuating circumstances, a criminal defense law firm will be able to provide you with the necessary counsel. Furthermore, it is possible that your criminal defense attorney will be able to resolve this issue outside of court.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post