If you and your partner decide after separation when to divorce, you should hire divorce lawyers to help you through the process. This is true even if everybody is on good terms and wants to divorce. Since divorce involves a number of legal processes, you’ll want someone working on your behalf who truly understands the process and can get you the best results possible. This is especially true if you’ve got children or a large amount of property that needs to be considered. Your lawyers can work objectively and find a result that is legal and fair to everybody.
Once you’ve agreed divorce papers need to be signed, you can work with your lawyer to set them up. They can also help draft an alimony agreement letter that fits both of your needs. Since divorce can be very emotional, things like alimony and child custody can become ugly. An agreed order divorce can be worked out between the lawyers. From there, you just need to focus on keeping yourself and your children healthy and safe throughout the divorce process.
It can be really hard to admit that a relationship might be over, especially when you are married. You can let yourself ignore signs, pretend everything is fine, and not see what is really happening. Sometimes, just thinking about the potential cost of dissolving your marriage is enough to keep you in denial. In some instances, however, you really do have to face the reality of your relationship and think about finding a low cost divorce attorney. For insight into 5 instances in which working with a low cost divorce attorney is in your best interest, keep reading.
1) Infidelity: </strong> Infidelity is an unfortunate common occurrence. Around half of the people in couples therapy are there working on issues surrounding cheating and infidelity. If your spouse has been unfaithful, and therapy hasn’t worked, you will likely need a divorce lawyer. It can be painful to try to find a divorce lawyer while healing from infidelity, but it is important to take steps to keep your life and healing moving forward.
2) Safety Concerns: If you ever feel concerned about your safety or the safety of your children around your spouse, it is crucial to seek the services of a low cost divorce attorney. No one should ever feel unsafe in a relationship, and this is an absolute deal breaker. If you are worried about your spouse’s response to being served divorce papers, you can ask a family lawyer about what kinds of legal protections you have in place during the process. Remember, there can be a six month waiting period from the time your file for divorce until it is final, and you will want to make sure you are safe during this time.
3) Kids in the Middle: If you and your spouse have children, you will likely need the help of an attorney in determining a custody agreement. Low cost lawyers for divorce can help make sure you come to agreement that works for everyone in the family. While about 29% of custody decisions can be made without any input from an outside person or counsel, the majority of custody decisions will require the skill of a lawyer to help you navigate the system.
4) Assets on the Line: Contacting a low cost divorce attorney is very important if you want to make sure that your assets, financial and otherwise, will be protected after your divorce. Without a legal advocate, you could end up losing the financial security for which you have worked so hard.
5) You Need Someone on Your Side More than anything: Having a divorce lawyer can be important because it helps you feel like you have someone on your side. During such a stressful time, it is easy to feel alone. A good divorce lawyer will remind you that there is always someone on your side.
Even though it can be incredibly difficult to own up to the reality that your marriage is over and you need a divorce lawyer, making the first steps in the process are crucial. There are many situations in which divorce may be necessary, and finding a good lawyer to help you navigate this difficult time will be truly life changing.