In everyday life, there’s all sort of things that can happen and they can happen when you least expect them.
- With more than 200 licensed drivers in the United States, there’s always potential for a car accident to occur. In fact, nearly three million people are injured every year while driving.
- A medical procedure doesn’t go as planned, leaving someone with life-altering side effects. In fact, there are 20,000 annual medical malpractice claims.
- For a variety of reasons, nearly 50% of American marriages end in divorce.
- Construction accidents can happen where workers are seriously hurt doing dangerous work and require extensive medical attention.
For all the things mentioned above and a variety of other things like suing a company or filing a wrongful death claim, lawyers can be a great thing to have in your corner. Seeking out the help of a reputable law firm for whatever dispute you have can be invaluable.
Let’s look at personal injury for example. There are home accidents, construction accidents, dog bite incidents and a whole host of other things. For personal injury cases, here’s how lawyers can help you:
- Giving You Leverage: More than 90% of all personal injury cases are settled pretrial and lots of times you may be pressured to settle. But you don’t have to. Lawyers can give you lots of leverage in dealing with insurance companies or whoever else you might need to deal with to bring forth a case.
- Knowing Your Worth: Personal injury lawyers have dealt with hundreds of cases, so they’ve got plenty of experience and they know how much your claim might be worth. You might not get millions of dollars in your case if you win, but lawyers can help you get every time you’re entitled to.
- Knowing the Process: Whether dealing with cases involving construction accidents, boating accidents or car accidents, personal injury lawyers are very familiar with the legal process. That means they can act as a guide as you complete all the necessary steps and to make sure that you don’t get your case tossed on because of some technicality.
Now let’s look at divorce lawyers and how they can help you if you happen to be going through a divorce:
- Mediation: With divorces, there’s a lot of pent up emotion and divorce proceedings can get a little messy. Divorce lawyers can serve as mediators and offer divorce advice to help make the process more civil and a lot faster.
- Custody: Divorce unleash a lot of emotions, particularly if there’s a custody battle in the middle of proceedings. Fighting for custody of a single child does no one any favors and is likely to impact the child. Children of divorced parents are twice as likely to drop out of high school and less likely to attend college. A custody lawyer or divorce lawyer can be an important mediator in custody battles and can try to make sure things end up as fair as possible.
- Support: A divorce lawyer can dispense plenty of legal advice, but divorce can be very trying emotionally for all parties involved. Divorce lawyers can be a vessel through which someone going through divorce can vent, express concerns and frustrations and come to terms with the changes going on in their life.
- Rights: Like personal injury lawyers have their areas of expertise, so too do divorce lawyers. A divorce attorney knows what each party is entitled to in a divorce and can give both parties advice as far as their rights during the proceedings.
- Fair and Fast Procedure: Going through a long, painful divorce can take its toll emotionally and monetarily. The average length of divorce proceedings in the United States is one year. Fortunately, a divorce lawyer can help speed up the process of filing divorce papers, help reach an agreeable settlement and can help divide property and assets.
Whether you need a personal injury lawyer, a custody lawyer, a litigation attorney or some other type of legal aid for help, hiring a lawyer can be of great benefit depending on your case. Lawyers will be extremely motivated to help you, help move proceedings along faster and can help you navigate any complex legal stuff.